Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Now that I've got your attention...

Just wanted to give you all an update after my dr appointment today. I've already done some angry ninja kicks, so don't worry.

Matt and I were able to talk about all the options with my doc and there were 3 choices.

1. Continue with the low dose drug, Pomalyst, that I've been on for about a year. We looked at my blood work over the past year, and this drug has literally just helped me to chug along, but hasn't been effective enough to get my bone marrow functioning to a healthy level.

2. Try a new drug, Elotuzumab, see how I tolerate it and then add Pomalyst to the mix, hoping to clear out my bone marrow and hopefully give it enough room/time to get to producing blood normally.

3. Blast me with hard core chemo drugs to get my bone marrow functioning normally requiring me to be in the hospital for a month. ("the nuclear option")

Any drug is most likely to send me to the hospital, which sucks, but is sort of a necessary evil.

We're trying option #2 and I should have insurance approval at the beginning of next week. My guess is that I will start the new drug next week (an iv once a week) and probably end up in the hospital 9/8 or 9/9 :( Hopefully just for a few days.

Your prayers are very much appreciated as we navigate this! Specifically that I can tolerate this new drug and get my bone marrow functioning so that when my spot in a Car-T Cell clinical trial opens up, I can participate.

We are so thankful to have y'all in our lives!! Thanks so much for your encouragement and support!!

5 comments:

Bev pieretti said...

Love you...and praying for the right combination to work for you...also for a spot in the clinical trial!

Alex said...

Praying for you Wojos!

Michigan friends said...

Continued Prayers to you and Matt....think about you often. God defiantly has a plan for you!! You have proven your faith and STRENGTH!!

Lot's of hugs & Love to you both,

Jerry & Michelle from Michigan

Hazelruth said...

Prayers to you and Matt. May your body tolerate the additional drug and get your bone marrow up and running, and may you find Grace and strength in each other! You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love you my sweet girl