Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's time for the next vaccine! 


This is #2 of 6 and I am ready to kick the myeloma in it's booty. My blood test after the first vaccine showed that the M-protein (the cancerous stuff) stopped increasing, so I am eager to see what this one will do! 


The process goes something like this:


-Health & Wellness takes 12 vials of blood from me to create the vaccine with. (Yes, twelve vials of blood from the anemic girl... I'm a little worried about this).


-Six weeks later, the vaccine is ready.  For more details see: http://www.hwicancerresearch.org/index.cfm?id=articles


-To receive the vaccine, I go to Health & Wellness 4 days in a row and get an IV which takes about an hour each time. My body is very sensitive to this process, last time I had nausea and stomach flu symptoms every night... which the doctors said is a good sign, but not so fun for me.


-Then I am given a vial of peptides that Matt so graciously gives me a shot at home with every other day for about 2 months. Ouch!


Health & Wellness graciously reduced the price of my vaccine to $8,900 (the normal cost is $15,000). 


The vaccine is not covered by insurance, so we are now on a time sensitive payment plan... paying $1483.33 every 2 weeks, beginning 7/20/12. 


We are very grateful to those who have donated toward this treatment. We have already raised $1,825... enough to cover our first payment! Please consider helping us toward reaching our remaining payments... only $7,075 left to go!   


Our friends set up an online giving account that goes directly to us, with no fees. It also allows those interested and unable to give a large amount to make a monthly giving commitment that comes straight out of your account. You can also give a tax-free donation to the Health & Wellness Center by calling (425) 697-6112 or sending a check (see the online giving link above). 


Thanks for your prayers and support through this hard time!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick resource-sharing note: In my years of (relatively minor) health struggles, I discovered an organization whose very nutrient-dense food recommendations supported my own healing. It's amazing what a difference diet has made for us, so I thought this worth sharing :). The org's info is free, too. So... I'm not sure if this info will be welcome/helpful or not, but their website is http://westonaprice.org/. I followed this diet: http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/diet-for-pregnant-and-nursing-mothers. God bless you guys!